Vehicle Safety & Recall Info from NHTSASaferCar is your connection to automotive safety recall information directly from the official source—the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Every year, NHTSA manages millions of recalls affecting vehicles, tires, car seats and related equipment. SaferCar will notify you about any safety recalls affecting your vehicle or equipment as long as you leave it running in the background. With the SaferCar app, you can:
• Enter a vehicle identification number (VIN) for as many vehicles as you own. Your virtual garage will accept VINs for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles and more.
• Enter any related automotive products you own that could be subject to safety recalls, like tires, car seats and trailers.
• Opt-in to receive notifications on your mobile device for each of the vehicles and products you’ve entered.
• Know you’ll be better informed should any recall impact your vehicle or related equipment.
• Check out NHTSA 5-Star Safety Ratings, and our online car seat tools that help you find the right seat, understand ease-of-use and check to make sure it’s installed correctly.
• Know that NHTSA will never store or share your user data.
To protect your privacy, NHTSA doesn’t store your device or VIN information on a server in order to send you a notification when a new recall is issued. This means SaferCar needs to run in the background so it can check for recall updates periodically from your device. If you force stop SaferCar, immediately reopen the app. Read more